Friday, June 15, 2012

Update 2: Henhouse on Monroe

At long last the Ladies are living outside! They spent their first night in the henhouse six days ago. That first night was a little rocky. Karana didn't want to be left alone, so she hopped on my back where I couldn't reach her, and wouldn't get off. Meanwhile, two more chickens hopped on me too, one on my forearm and one on my shoulder. It took some doing to get all those chickens off me. As Junie B. Jones says, "I thought they were going to peck my head into a nub."

And the weird one wouldn't walk on the floor of the coop. She just laid right by the chicken door until I picked her up and moved her. Crazy chickens.

Anyway, the following pictures show where we're at. You'll notice we have a few items to finish up; the windows and a few exterior cosmetic things. All that matters is the Ladies are outside, their coop is secure, and our porch doesn't smell like barnyard anymore!





The yellow dog still thinks the chickens are his! What do you think of this cool vinyl floor we put in?




Only one of the Ladies has figured out where she should roost. Of course, it's Karana. I guess if the other ones are happy on the cross brace, so be it.

The Chicken Tenders




2 comments:

  1. That's one smart chicken to hop on your back like that! If only someone had had the foresight to video the transfer...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is one smart chicken. It was quite a sight; me trying to lean against the coop walls and 'scrape' her off my back. No one else was outside at the time to help me, but the white dog was waiting right next to the chicken coop entrance, so I couldn't even step outside to yell for help. Luckily, it ended peacefully!

      Delete