Thursday, May 17, 2012

Great Big World


The Girls got a taste of the outdoors a few days ago. They didn't like it at first. None of them wanted to walk on the grass, so I moved them into my garden (which is not fully planted yet) and that went a bit better. They seemed to enjoy the dirt. I told them they better get used to it, as they'll be living outside very soon (hopefully).

One Girl is a little weird, though. She's the smallest and most timid. She's afraid of everything, and when I would put her on the ground outside, she would tip over. Finally, after watching her sisters walk around, she got the idea. I wish I'd snapped a picture of her when she wouldn't move. She's a goofball, that's for sure.

This dandelion was a very interesting find for the Girls. They enjoyed pecking it, watching it bob around, and pecking it again.



Our most pressing issue (other than sneaky Rocky, who hasn't been seen since the last post... but who has a trap waiting for him) is the fact that we have no coop yet. And these chickens can't live in their brooder pen much longer. Look how big they are!




So, while I'm away this weekend enjoying a fabulous conference (check it out here; http://www.kathrynmitschelen.blogspot.com ), my dear husband and daughter will hopefully get a coop finished. A big shout out to Dan Quigley for the cedar.... thanks to you, my Girls will have a place to live! You're first up on the list of fresh eggs this fall.

The Chicken Tenders

No comments:

Post a Comment