Thursday, May 3, 2012

Learning to fly

Wow, chicks grow fast! Who knew? Probably everyone that's ever had chicks before, but since I haven't, this is news to me. The Girls are starting to look like little chickens, not just chicks. They have feathers, and thicker feet, and they can fly!

We've covered the whole brooder pen with chicken wire to prevent any catastrophes. And I've stuck a few items like rocks and a brick in the pen to give the Girls roosting practice. I think we'd better get busy with that coop in the backyard.

The Girls get visitors every so often. My dad stopped by a few days ago, but I pinky-promised I wouldn't put the photo of his whole self with the chick. I'm actually surprised I even got him to hold a chick. Okay, actually I didn't get him to hold it. I kind of shoved it in his hands!


I'll upload some better photos later so that you can actually see the wings and tails these Girls are sprouting.

The Chicken Tenders

2 comments:

  1. Katie! Love your blog...you are so talented. Can't wait to meet the girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your venture putting your neighbors in a fowl mood?
    When, eggzackly, is moving day for The Ladies?

    Foxy

    ReplyDelete