Friday, August 24, 2012

Eggcellent Event!


This picture is not a fake. It's true...our first egg! A tiny brown egg! I'm not 100% sure which hen produced this beauty, but I heard lots of squawking at the coop, so I knew something unusual was going on. I hurried outside and found this:

Our version of a nest box


Everyone was excited, even yellow dog!



None of the Girls admitted to laying the egg. This Girl might have done it.


We aren't eating this egg; we're going to get rid of the yolk and save this one forever. To celebrate, my dad joined us for dinner and we dined on chicken legs and drank Rex Goliath wine (it has a picture of a chicken on the front of the bottle).


The Chicken Tenders

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Eggzactly how things were supposed to turn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. Emma found egg number two early this evening. I am going to scramble it up for her tomorrow morning!

      Delete